Burglar Alarm Systems Long Island – Safety Tips
Keep your Long Island home safe from intruders
Whether you are at home or away, you want to know that you, your loved ones and your belongings will stay safe. Unfortunately, with the rough economic times comes an increase in the rate of both burglaries and home invasions. The FBI reports that a home in the United States is burglarized every 15 seconds and more than 8,000 home invasions occur daily. Burglar alarm systems on Long Island can help.
The home security experts at All Island Security have provided these tips to help prevent burglary, as well as these home invasion safety tips:
- Keep your doors and windows locked at all times. If you need to open windows on the first floor for ventilation while you are home, open them only about halfway from the top so it is harder for someone to try to climb through them. Jam the window with a dowel to keep the would-be thief from opening the window completely.
- Always make it look like someone is at home. If you are away, use a timer to turn lights on and off. Have a trusted neighbor pick up your mail for you.
- Avoid leaving a spare key in obvious places. Give a trusted neighbor a spare key when going on vacation.
One of the best burglary safety tips is to have a Long Island burglar alarm system installed in your home
A burglar alarm system that is installed and monitored by a local company with years of experience, such as All Island Security, will give you the highest degree of protection available. When you consider a home security system make sure you choose a provider who specializes in residential security and is insured and licensed by the State of New York.
Some features of the best burglar alarm systems on Long Island include:
- Technical support that is available 24/7
- Central Station Monitoring equipped to report by GSM or radio, so you do not need to have a landline
- A system that allows you to remotely arm or disarm your burglar alarm system using a computer or smart phone.
Contact the security experts at All Island Security to learn more about helping to prevent burglaries and home invasions or call us at 1-800-695-4484.
For Burglar Alarm Systems on Long Island